Semperfli Poly Yarn is a Genuine poly yarn with a density of 0,91 g/m³.
It is lighter than water, providing your flies with great floating properties, especially when it is treated with a floatant.
This means you can rely on this material for your flies being completely buoyant. This continuous synthetic material is particularly popular for tying the famous Klinkhammer dry fly. In this case, it is used for the parachute tying method as a 'sighter', or “post”.
In addition, it can be used for tying emergers and nymphs – for example as body material, tail, wing case or as a highly visible tag. Furthermore, you can determine the thickness of this material yourself by taking the right amount of fibres from the bundle.
The fantastic colour selection leaves nothing to be desired, and therefore you will always have the right colour for tying a large variety of flies, whether natural imitations or flashy attractor patterns!
- Genuine poly yarn with a density of 0,91 g/m³ and therefore lighter than water.
- Provides your flies with great floating properties.
- Very durable, incredibly versatile and easy to use.
- Excellent for Sedge Patterns, Cripple Midges, Klinkhammers and light nymphs/midges.
- Can be used in orange for pectoral fins on Perch floating fry patterns, or in green/olive as a subtle addition to a streamer wing.
- Used for salt water shrimp/prawns patterns where a slightly stiffer material maybe required.
- Attractively Priced.
- Available in Individual packs as generously long 4m lengths.
- Colours on card: Black, Dark Brown, Tan, Red, Sage, Chartreuse, Orange, Yellow, Iron Grey, Cream.
Examples of flies using this material:
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Orders over £50 to the UK, €70 to Ireland and £100 to international destinations will receive free shipping.
> We aim to dispatch same day for orders placed before 12 noon. Orders placed after this will be dispatched the next working day.
> Orders placed on Saturday and Sunday will be dispatched the following Monday.
> For full details please see our Shipping Policy page.
> Although we are based in the Republic of Ireland, Customers in the UK you will have the option of choosing Royal Mail at checkout.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
> We will gladly exchange or refund your unused purchase if you return it to us in a saleable condition and in its original undamaged packaging within 28 days of receipt. Your receipt or proof of purchase will be required.
> For full details and terms please view our returns policy.