No tyer should be without a range of fluoro threads in their tying kit! That said,Fluoro Brite Blood Red is a great choice for the discerning tyer.
- Twisted fluorescent thread.
- When untwisted using your bobbin holder, it can be used as a flat floss.
- Contains a vibrant UV that the fish will find irresistible.
- Specially formulated for fluorescence and comes in 240 denier (3/0).
- Recommended for hooks 10 to 2/0, but can be used on smaller flies by splitting it down further. Can be used as a hotspot, ribbing, body material, or even a fab hot spot tail!.
- Fold several times in a loop, tie it in the tail of a fly, cut to length, then tease the fibres apart with a dubbing brush to get an astounding crinkled tail with what looks like little firelights.
Since Joseph Keen's book - Fluorescent Flies (1964) and Thomas Clegg's book – The Truth About Fluorescents (1967) fly tyers have been working with fluorescent materials. We decided to make a fluorescent thread with advantages that it could be used as a tying thread or as a floss, could be untwisted with the bobbin and used as a floss. Fluoro Brite was born to be different. What is well known is that fluorescent materials do attract trout, salmon and other species. We cannot see material effects except under a UV torch where we see the glow. But with their visual rods and cones capable of seeing into the UV spectrum many fish species see this like a light in the dark. Fluorescent materials work well one hour before daylight and one hour after nightfall. This is because even though we cannot see them, UV rays from the sun still hit the water and ignite your flies.
There are 25m / 27.3 yards (approx ) per spool of Fluoro Brite.
|Material Length||25m||27 yds|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Orders over £50 to the UK, €70 to Ireland and £100 to international destinations will receive free shipping.
> We aim to dispatch same day for orders placed before 12 noon. Orders placed after this will be dispatched the next working day.
> Orders placed on Saturday and Sunday will be dispatched the following Monday.
> For full details please see our Shipping Policy page.
> Although we are based in the Republic of Ireland, Customers in the UK you will have the option of choosing Royal Mail at checkout.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
> We will gladly exchange or refund your unused purchase if you return it to us in a saleable condition and in its original undamaged packaging within 28 days of receipt. Your receipt or proof of purchase will be required.
> For full details and terms please view our returns policy.